Growing up about ten minutes north of Seattle, I’ve always had a love for this city. There is just something about it. I truly miss it when I’m away, and it will always have my heart. These are the reasons why Seattle is oh so amazing.
- Boating or kayaking on Lake Union on a hot summer day when the water sparkles and the city looks breathtaking
- The laid back, friendly vibe that the people give off
- The crazy, fun, hipster-esque bars of Capitol Hill
- Walking the three mile trail around Green Lake
- The beautiful views. My favorites are from Alki Beach and Kerry Park on Queen Anne
- The waterfront (and the recently added ferris wheel!)
- Our sports teams. Go Mariners, Sounders, and Seahawks!
- Golden Gardens, which is a super sandy beach that can’t be found anywhere else in the state
- The Freemont farmers market
- The Space Needle
- Annual Folk Life, Bumbershoot, Bite of Seattle festivals, along with many others
- Archie McPhees. Look it up, it’s quite the store
- The view of Mount Rainier
- Discovery Park. It’s hidden gem in the city that’s full of hiking trails that lead down to the beach
- The seafood