I feel as though I have grown a lot over the past few years. I think that college greatly changes people for the best. Looking back at my eighteen-year-old self in high school, there are many words of advice that I would have given. Here is how I would have advised myself if given the opportunity.
– Save more money. Stop spending your entire paycheck just because you have the money available. Put money away for college and the real world!
– Cherish the time you spend with your family. Don’t get so mad at your parents. Go on more fun outings with your brother, mom, and dad. You will miss them when you move out!
– Be thankful for all of the home cooked meals you get every day. Cooking on your own is not always fun.
– Take advantage of the fact that school work in high school is way easier than in college.
– On that note, since it is so easy, actually do all the work, put more effort in, and get better grades.
– Start thinking about where you want to go to college earlier on. Visit schools, think about what you want to study, do more research.
– Enjoy the time that you have with your friends. More likely than not, you will all end up in different places. Do a lot of fun things with them, because you never know when you’ll get another chance to spend time together.
– Don’t be afraid to be more independent. Don’t be scared of going away to college. You will love it more than anything.
– Don’t care so much about what other people think. Embrace who you truly are.