In honor of the first day of October I wanted to express just how excited I am for the start of fall! Normally I am more of a summer person, and find myself becoming quite sad when the weather starts to cool down. This year, I am completely ready (even excited) for the cooler weather and all of the fun activities that come along with the fall moths. So, here are the top 5 reasons as to why I am ecstatic for the month of October!
1) Fall clothes. There comes a point when I am sick of wearing shorts, dresses, and sandals every day. I’m ready to bust out my fall wardrobe! And, deciding on a costume for Halloween is always so fun.
2) Food. I love everything pumpkin flavor. It just screams fall. I also love hot apple cider, Halloween treats, Halloween candy (eating way too much of it I might add), and of course caramel apples.
3) Movies. I can never get enough of Hocus Pocus. I seriously look forward to it all year. Also, Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin is a classic. Plus, any scary movies I can get my hands on I will be watching.
4) Being Scared. Being scared is just so much fun for me. I love haunted houses, haunted mazes, and my favorite…a walk through a haunted forest where monsters follow you and jump out from behind trees and bushes.
5) Anything Pumpkin Related. I love visiting a pumpkin patch, going on a hay ride, and getting my feet all muddy. And this isn’t even the best part. I have always enjoyed carving pumpkins, and have yet to miss a year! This year, I would like to try a more creative design instead of the typical scary face that I always do.
And just because I can’t leave it out…LEAVES! The beautiful orange, red, and yellow leaves that I get to walk in (sometimes even jump in) just make everything so much better.